Joyce and Evan recently got married. They went to Paris for a honeymoon trip. After returning from the trip, both of them were busy with checking out the wedding photos. But, suddenly Joyce screamed as in one of the photographs she noticed that her neck was looking very fat and ugly.
She also noticed a huge amount of fat deposit in that particular area. It was just destroying the whole look. At that point of time, she was not able to concentrate on anything and was only thinking – how to lose neck fat that looks so ugly?
Like Joyce, are you facing the problem of neck fat? If, yes then read this article where we have collected all the data related to neck fat, and the natural remedies to cure and prevent it.
Why Do You Get Neck Fat?
The reason behind neck fat issues varies from person to person. Sometimes it is just because of age as the person loses the elasticity of the skin and gets neck fat. To some, it is a genetic issue whereas some face this issue due to overweight.
Aging- Middle-aged people normally suffer from neck fat issues as the muscle starts losing its strength after a certain age. The lost strength of muscles causes loss of elasticity which in turn develops neck fat.
Genetics- Some people get neck fat due to genetic effects. If any of your family members has a neck problem, then you may also get it. Overweight is the most common reason behind neck fat. The excess of fat gets deposited near the neck area and that causes neck fat.
Home Remedies to Lose Neck Fat
Home remedies can be used in different ways to lose neck fat. You can use various massage processes to improve the elasticity of your skin. Exercise is another way to reduce the deposited fat and get rid of neck fat. Some small dietary changes can also reduce the neck fat.
Massage Remedies to Lose Neck Fat
The massage remedies are very effective as those help your skin regain the elasticity. It reduces the extra fat in your neck area as well as tones the skin.
Cocoa Butter Massage to Lose Neck Fat
Loaded with emollient properties, cocoa butter eliminates the sagging skin and removes the dead cells. The anti-oxidant property of cocoa butter also makes the skin radiant. With the use of cocoa butter, you will regain the elasticity of the skin and reduce the neck fat quickly.
- Cocoa Butter – 2 tbsp
- Cotton balls
- Take 2 tbsp of cocoa butter.
- Warm it in a microwave oven for 30 seconds to get the liquid form.
- Soak the cotton balls in the oil for 1 minute.
- Apply the oil to your neck area using the cotton balls.
- Gently massage the neck using your fingertips.
- Do the massage for 5 minutes.
- Wipe out the oil using a warm and wet cloth.
- Use this remedy twice a day, before taking a bath and before bedtime for better results.
[Also Read:How to Lose Face Fat]
Milk Massage to Lose Neck Fat
Many of us use milk for various skin issues. Milk acts as an anti-aging agent by reducing the free radicals. The lactic acid and mineral content in milk helps to reduce neck fat also. Milk massage also removes the dead skin cells and tightens the skin.
- Milk – half cup
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Take ½ cup of milk.
- Add 2 tbsp of honey to it.
- Mix it well to create a uniform paste.
- Massage your neck fat using the paste with your fingertips.
- Leave the paste on your neck for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse it with warm water.
- Apply once every day to improve the skin tone.
Melon Massage to Lose Neck Fat
Melon is rich in water content, so normally misunderstood as it has fewer nutrients. But actually melon is rich in minerals and vitamins. It has an anti-inflammatory property, which reduces the sagginess of your neck. Its skin toning capacity also tightens your skin and improves elasticity.
- Melon juice (take out the extract of ¼ of melon)
- Cotton balls
- Take the fresh melon juice in a bowl.
- Soak the cotton balls in the juice for 1 minute.
- Apply the juice on your neck using the cotton balls.
- Keep it for 15-10 minutes.
- Rinse it off using cold water.
- Repeat this remedy once every day to reduce neck fat in one week of time.
- Start eating melon regularly as it helps in overall weight loss.
[Also Read:How to Lose Arm Fat Fast]
Wheat Germ Oil Massage to Lose Neck Fat
Wheat germ oil is rich in Vitamin B6, E, and Vitamin B. It is also rich in folic acid and minerals. The regular use of wheat germ oil massage reduces the accumulated fat in the neck area. It also provides nourishment to the skin, reducing the aging effect and tightens the skin.
- Wheat germ oil – 2 tbsp
- Cotton balls
- Take 2 tbsp of wheat germ oil.
- Use cotton balls to spread the oil on your neck area.
- Or you can spread the oil using your fingertips.
- Massage gently on your neck fat.
- Leave it overnight.
- Wash your face and neck with warm water in the morning.
- Use it regularly to lose neck fat fast.
Egg Whites Massage and Mask for Neck fat
An egg white massage and mask provides 2 benefits. One is the removal of dead skin cells and the other is tightening effect on your skin. It reduces the neck fat by its anti-aging effect.
- Egg whites – 2 eggs
- Milk- 1 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Take 2 eggs and separate the egg whites from the yellow yolk.
- Add tbsp of milk and honey to it.
- Mash it properly and mix it well.
- Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice to the paste.
- Firstly, take a little paste on your fingertips and gently massage on the neck.
- After the massage, apply the paste as a mask on your neck.
- Keep it for 25-30 minutes.
- Rinse it off using warm water.
- Use it twice a week to reduce neck fat quickly.
[Also Read:How to Lose Chest Fat]
Glycerin Massage and Mask to Lose Neck fat
Glycerin is the main ingredient in many beauty products. It protects your skin from stress and dehydration. The mask and massage of glycerin are useful to make the skin flexible and get rid of neck fat.
- Glycerin – 1 tbsp
- Epsom salt – ½ tbsp
- peppermint oil – few drops
- Cotton pad
- Take 1 tbsp of glycerin
- Add ½ tbsp of Epsom salt along with some drops of peppermint oil.
- Take a cotton pad and apply the liquid using the cotton pad on the neck area.
- Keep it for 10 minutes after application.
- Wash your neck with cold water.
- Apply it 3-4 times in a week to get better results.
[Also Read:How to Lose Leg Fat]
Exercise to Get Rid of Neck Fat
Exercise is the best way to quickly reduce the accumulated fat on the neck area. These simple exercises take only 10-15 minutes, but the benefits these exercises provide are quick and observable.
Exercise 1: Head Exercise
Head exercise will help you to lose fat around your neck and it is also easy to perform. At the same time, it will make your neck muscles strong.
- Rotate your head in a clockwise direction and complete one rotation.
- Take a gap of few seconds and then rotate your head in the anti-clockwise rotation.
- Do 3 sets of this exercise and relax.
- Repeat this daily to get rid of neck fat fast.
Exercise 2: Backbone Exercise
This exercise not only gives strength to your backbone but also burns the stored fat in your neck area when you look at the ceiling for a few seconds. Practice it daily as it is a simple exercise.
- Sit straight in a chair and your backbone must be erect.
- Keep your hands on your thighs.
- Look at the ceiling (keep your head up).
- Hold your head in the same position for 10 seconds.
- Now move your head back to the normal position.
- Repeat the process for 10 minutes.
- Do this exercise daily to remove the fat around your neck.
[Also Read:How to Lose Chin Fat]
Exercise 3: Head and Shoulder Exercise
Do you want to know how to lose neck fat fast? Then perform this head and shoulder exercise. It is somewhat tough to touch your shoulder with the chin. But try it, by practice it will become easy for you and the result will be fast.
- Move your head to the left so that you are looking over the shoulder.
- Lower your head so that your chin touches the shoulder.
- Don’t lift your shoulders while your chin is about to touch your shoulder.
- Hold like that for 2 minutes and then come back to the normal position.
- Initially, you should start with 3 reps and increase it gradually to 15.
- Do this exercise 3 times in a day to lose neck fat.
Exercise 4: Tongue Exercise
This tongue exercise also helps to lose your neck fat and will take very less time to perform. Do this exercise daily to get rid of neck fat.
- Tilt your head back.
- Press your tongue strongly into the roof of the mouth as it tightens the muscles in front of your neck.
- Bring the chin towards your neck.
- Now release your tongue and move your neck to the normal position.
- Repeat this exercise for 5 to 6 times.
- Do this daily to lose neck fat.
Exercise 5: Mouth Exercise
Mouth exercise will also help you to get rid of fat around your neck. When you open your mouth widely, the effect will be on your neck muscles. Follow this exercise to remove neck fat.
- Open your mouth widely
- Put your lower lip over your bottom teeth.
- Be like that for 10 seconds.
- Now release your lips.
- Repeat this for 5 minutes.
- Do this exercise daily to reduce neck fat.
Exercise 6: Crunches
You must have known about the crunches if you do workout daily. But these crunches are little different. Read and try it!
- When you are doing crunches, you can also work on your neck muscles.
- You generally put your hands behind your head while doing crunches.
- Instead of that, raise your arms over your head while preparing to sit up.
- If you do this exercise regularly, you can get rid of neck fat
[Also Read:How to Lose Cheek Fat]
Exercise 7: Chin Roll
Perform chin roll exercise to reduce neck fat. It doesn’t take much time and at the same time it is easy to perform. Try it to lose neck fat!
- Keep your head centred between your shoulders.
- Keep your chin down and hold your face forward.
- Now roll your head to the right and again roll back to the center.
- Repeat the same for left side also.
- Do this exercise 5 to 10 times in a day.
- Repeat this daily to lose neck fat.
Exercise 8: Baby Bird
Baby bird is an exercise that is related to your tongue but helps to lose neck fat. Do you want to know how? Then read on!
- Tilt your head towards the ceiling.
- Press the tip of your tongue to your mouth.
- Swallow while you are pressing your tongue.
- Now tilt your head slightly to the right.
- Move your head to the normal position.
- Repeat the same for the left side.
- Follow this method regularly to lose neck fat.
Exercise 9: Lion Face
Lion face is a type of yoga that tones your neck and improves your breathing capability.
- Lion face yoga tones your muscles on the front of your neck.
- Inhale through the nose and exhale with your mouth.
- While exhaling put your tongue outwards and stretch it towards your chin.
- Hold it for 2 seconds and relax.
- Repeat this method for 3 to 4 times.
- Follow this exercise till you get rid of neck fat.
Exercise 10: Shrugs
Shrugs will help you to remove the fat around your neck. When you lift the barbell, your neck muscles and hands will also become strong. So perform this exercise daily to lose neck fat.
- First stand with your feet apart.
- Hold 1 barbell in each hand in front of each of your thighs.
- Lift the barbell up by raising your shoulders.
- Do about 3 sets of 10 reps daily.
- Follow this exercise till you lose the neck fat
Exercise 11: Weight Plate
Be careful while performing this exercise. Do not use big weight plate as it creates a problem to your neck.
- A weight plate is a flat metal plate that is used for exercise.
- Use small weight plate as the muscles in your neck are sensitive.
- Hold the weight plate with your hands.
- Move the plate back to your head as you lower your head down completely.
- Repeat this daily to get rid of neck fat fast.
Exercise 12: Head up and Back
Lifting your head up and back will be a good exercise as it stretches your neck muscles and makes your neck to look nice and slim.
- Lift your head back up slowly and bring it as high as possible.
- Now lower it back down slowly.
- Lift your head high so that it is aligned straight.
- Hold your head for 10 minutes when it is lifted up.
- Repeat this process for 10 to 12 reps and 3 sets for each workout.
- Take 10 seconds gap for each extension.
- Continue this exercise daily to lose neck fat.
[Also Read:How to Lose Thigh Fat]
Exercise 13: Sit or Stand
This is a very simple exercise for your neck. While doing this exercise, you will not feel that you are performing an exercise. Just sit or stand straight always.
- Whether you sit or stand, keep your spine erect.
- Keep your head centred between your shoulders.
- Don’t make your neck stiff, just keep it straight.
- Follow this exercise daily to remove neck fat.
Exercise 14: Roll Your Chin
This rolling chin exercise has the ability to lose your neck fat. But you may experience some pain while doing this exercise. Stop doing the exercise if you feel the same.
- Keep your chin towards your chest.
- Now move it from your chest to the right shoulder slowly.
- Try to touch your shoulder with the chin.
- Now roll back your chin down from your shoulder to the center of your upper chest.
- Work out slowly to avoid the risk of twisting a muscle in the neck.
- If you feel strained, stop twisting, it may cause heavy pain.
Exercise 15: Cheeks Movement
Your entire face looks slim if your cheeks are slim. Due to bulky cheeks, people look fat. So if you reduce the fat layer on your cheeks, you will automatically look slimmer.
- Place your thumb and first the finger on your cheek.
- Lift up the fatty layer on your cheek using the tips of the thumb and your first finger.
- Pull the fatty layer away from your face.
- Hold it for 10-20 second.
- Put it back. Repeat the process for 5 minutes.
- Do it twice a day. You will soon get slimmer cheeks.
[Also Read:How to Lose Belly Fat]
Exercise 16: Neck and Jaw Movements
The muscles of jaw region and the chin can be stretched using neck exercises. The stretching of the skin reduces the accumulated fat in that area. It prevents the fat deposit around your neck.
- To perform this exercise, stand in a balanced position with your spine erected.
- Rotate your neck towards your left shoulder. Put your chin on the shoulder.
- Remain stable in this position for 1 minute and breathe slowly.
- Now, bring your neck back to the straight position.
- Again rotate your neck, this time towards your right shoulder. Put your chin on the shoulder.
- Remain stable for 1 minute in the same position and breathe slowly.
- Come back to the central position of the neck.
- Now tilt your neck and try to touch your chest using your chin for another 1 minute.
- Follow the cycle of all the 3 positions and repeat the action for 15 minutes.
- Do it daily to lose the neck fat.
Exercise 17: Chin Movement
Chin exercise is also very easy to perform. It relieves the stiffness and makes your skin flexible. It is a stress removal exercise which helps to make your neck look slimmer.
- For this exercise, stand erect or sit erect on a chair.
- Slowly tilt your head in the backward region.
- Try to look up towards the sky or ceiling.
- Hold yourself in this position for 1 minute.
- Come back to the straight neck position.
- Repeat the action for 5 minutes. Count 10 rotations of this process.
- Do it daily to reduce the fat around your neck.
Dietary Remedies to Lose Neck Fat
Dietary remedies include the addition of some foodstuff to your routine diet to reduce the accumulated fat around your neck. Let’s have a look at those:
Green Tea- The antioxidant property of green tea increases the metabolism rate. It burns the excessive calories. Drink 2-3 cups of green tea for the overall weight loss.
Vitamin E- Increased intake of Vitamin E makes the skin healthy and improves its elasticity. Increase the intake of foods that are rich in Vitamin E, such as dairy products, nuts, soya beans and green leafy vegetables.
Chewing Gum- Chewing a sugar-free gum tones your facial muscles. Due to natural exercise during chewing, you will lose neck fat quickly and easily.
Change Your Lifestyle
Along with practicing these exercises, try to do some changes in your lifestyle as it will help you a lot in reducing excess fat from your body as well as from your neck.
- Never slouch, not now and then. Always sit straight. Sitting straight and keeping your head high will create a smooth appearance and of course it is the proper way to sit. This posture also strengthens your jaws, neck and back muscles.
- Losing weight is essential to maintain a healthy body. Losing body fat will ultimately help you lose fat in the neck area.
- Maintain a balanced diet to control your body weight.
- Perform the exercises at moderate levels; increase them gradually day by day.
- The body fat should be between 14% to 24% percent for healthy women and 6%and 17% for healthy men.
- Lose your neck fat in considerable amounts. Don’t try to lose the fat overnight.
- Always stay hydrated. Avoid the drinks that dehydrate you.
- Consume foods with lean protein like fish, chicken than eating red meats like beef, mutton, etc.
- Avoid eating foods that contain saturated fat like packaged and fast food.
- You can lose your neck fat by running also. Running on a treadmill helps you to remove the overall body fat, which will also help you to lose neck fat.
- Take a rope and jump. It is a good exercise to lose body as well as neck fat.
- Riding a bike will also help you to get rid of fat around your neck.
Additional Tips to Lose Neck Fat
The tips include minor changes in routine life which will provide you great benefits in terms of a slimmer neck.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Reduce the consumption coffee, tea and alcohol.
- Sit in an erect position while working or eating food.
- Workout regularly to avoid accumulation of extra fat.
- Avoid extra calories in your daily diet.
- Eat fiber-rich foodstuff to maintain a good digestion system.
Do you know another interesting way to get a slimmer neck? It is going for a nice hair cut that will hide your neck fat.
Home remedies as stated above, are very effective. Try massaging processes along with mild exercises to lose neck fat as quickly as possible. The dietary changes are useful for the overall weight reduction. So, use them to reduce your weight and neck fat will vanish automatically.
So, now you know many home remedies, which perfectly answer your query how to lose neck fat quickly. So which remedy are you going to use? And which remedy do you think will work best for you? Share it with us.