Have you ever felt difficulty to bend and stretch your body? If, yes then it is due to the middle back pain. Middle back pain occurs between the bottom of the neck and top of the lumbar spine. It occurs to both men and women and people of all age groups.
Causes of Middle Back Pain
- Poor posture
- Muscle strain
- Knee injury
- Cartilage injury
Symptoms of Middle Back Pain
- Muscle tightness
- Burning sensation at middle back of your body
Exercises to Reduce Middle Back Pain
Middle back pain is a painful issue, which makes the person uncomfortable while standing, sitting and even while sleeping. This issue can be cured by doing certain exercises daily, which are regarded as the most effective remedies for middle back pain.
1. Pelvic Tilt
Pelvic tilt is performed by bending your knees, which stretches the muscles and apparently eases your middle back pain.
- Lie on the floor on your back and then bend your knees.
- Now tighten your stomach muscles.
- Hold the position for 5 seconds.
- Repeat doing this exercise every day to get rid of middle back pain.
Stretching is one of the most effective exercises to give relief to the middle back pain. The main advantage of this exercise is that it reduces the middle pain without stressing the muscles. Performing this exercise regularly will reduce the middle back pain.
- Stand straight and open your hands wide.
- Stretch your hands straight and do not fold.
- Turn to your left-hand side without moving your feet.
- Stretch your left hand down straight.
- Remain in this position for 5 seconds.
- Repeat the same process with next hand to get relief from the middle back pain.
3. Head Stretch
Head stretch is the exercise that focuses on head to reduce the middle back pain.
- Sit down straight and then clasp your hands behind your head.
- Now bend yourself forward and pull your chin towards your chest.
- Remain in this position for about 8-10 sec.
- Repeat doing this exercise every day will help to get rid of the middle back pain.
4. Cat Stretch
The cat stretch is an exercise, in which you need to place both your knees on the floor by maintaining a straight middle back; hence it will ease the pain in the joints.
- First kneel by placing your hands on the floor.
- You must evenly distribute your weight by keeping your back straight.
- Drop down your head and then take a round on the floor.
- Remain in this position and take rounds again in the opposite direction for at least 14-15 sec.
- Repeat this process every day to get rid of the middle back pain.
5. Backward Leg Swing
Backward leg swing will cramp your abdominal muscles diagonally to reduce the middle back pain.
- Stand and hold the back of a chair for support.
- Tighten the abdominal muscles and swing your right leg diagonally.
- Swing your leg back until you feel tightened.
- Remain in this position for few seconds.
- Repeat this movement several times and then shift to the left leg.
6. Elbow Squeeze
Elbow squeeze is performed by holding your hands to the middle back that give slight movements to the joints of the middle back, hence reduces the pain.
- Hold your hands behind your back together.
- Move your elbows and then move your head back slightly.
- Remain in the same position for few minutes.
- Return to the original position slowly.
- Repeat this exercise several times to get instant relief from the middle back pain.
7. Sitting Upward Stretch
Regular movements of your hands or stretching your hand to 90 degrees will quickly ease the muscle pain.
- Sit straight and lift your hands comfortably at 90 degrees.
- Stretch your hands and relax yourself.
- Stretch your legs straight forward.
- Sit in the same position without moving yourself.
- Repeat the same process with your other hand to get rid of the middle back pain.
8. Stomach Tone
Stomach tone is an exercise that is performed by pulling your stomach muscle inwards as this action will get rid of the middle back pain quickly.
- Lie down on the floor and place your head onto one side.
- Pull your stomach muscles inward as to the centre of your tummy.
- Hold this position for 5 seconds and take a deep breath.
- Repeat this process thrice a day for best results.
9. Buttock Tone
Buttock tone is an exercise where the posture maintained during this exercise will quickly reduce the pain in the joints of the middle back.
- Lie down on the floor and your arms touch the floor.
- Slowly lift your knee from the floor with the tip of the feet to remain on the floor.
- Hold this position for 8 seconds.
- Perform this exercise 5 times on each side to reduce middle back pain.
10. Back Stabilizer
Back stabilizer is an exercise performed by the support of a wall to reduce middle back pain. It is the most preferred exercise to reduce middle back pain.
- Kneel on the floor with your back straight to the wall.
- Keep one hand on the floor and the other hand straight.
- Tighten your stomach muscles.
- Hold the same for 10 seconds.
- Rotate your body and repeat this process 10 times each to ease the middle back pain.
11. Deep Stomach Muscle Tone
Deep stomach muscle tone is performed by relaxing your stomach and back. This exercise reduces severe the middle back pain.
- Take a small curve in your lower back by placing both your hands on the floor.
- Relax your stomach completely by pulling your stomach muscles inwards.
- Lift your back away from the floor.
- Hold the same position for 5 seconds.
- Keep breathing and repeat this process for at least 10 times for better results.
12. Double Knee to Chest
Double knee to chest holds your knees towards your chest. You can observe a quick jerk in the muscle movements, which will ease the middle back pain.
- Lie on your back on the floor.
- Hold your hands behind the knees.
- Pull both your knees towards your chest.
- Remain in this position until you feel a comfortable stretch in middle back pain.
- Be in this position for 10 seconds will reduce middle back pain.
13. Forward and Backward Bend
Forward and backward movements of muscles offer relief to the joints of the middle back, hence give you relief from middle back pain.
- Stand straight on your feet without bending.
- Bend inwards and outwards simultaneously.
- You must perform this exercise by remaining in the same position.
- Repeat this process every day for best results.
14. Spine Twist
A simple twist towards your right and left will create constant blood movements. This exercise is performed by stretching your middle back, ribs and hips.
- Lying on your back on the floor and relax.
- Stretch your left and right arms to both the sides.
- Bend your right leg and stretch straight the left leg.
- Rotate a small round in this position.
- Repeat this every day will ease your middle back pain.
Yoga for Middle Back Pain
Practicing yoga is the best way to reduce your middle back pain. Yoga is a practice that strengthens your body and mind, hence reduces the stresses that cause middle back pain. Yoga is considered as one of the most useful remedies for middle back pain.
1. Middle Back Pose
Middle back yoga pose will strengthen your middle back muscles, hence reduce your pain.
- Lie on the floor by stretching your arms to the either side.
- Stretch your middle back by stretching your arms and legs straight.
- Remain in this position for some time will increase the strength in the middle spine.
- Repeat this process every day for best results.
2. Pigeon Pose
Pigeon pose is performed by tightening your hip that will reduce the middle back pain.
- Sit comfortably on the floor.
- Bend one of your knees.
- Give a straight pose for your back and neck.
- Remain in this position for 10 seconds.
- Repeat this process every day for reducing middle back pain.
3. Child Pose
Child pose is one the simplest exercise for your spine, shoulders and neck. It is also an effective exercise for the middle back pain. In this exercise, you need to bend your legs, which will stretch your knee joints and joints in the middle back, hence will help reduce pain in the middle back area.
- Kneel down and keep your toes straight.
- Have a stick at your back to hold your neck straight.
- Rotate for 30 sec around one direction and then repeat the same procedure in the opposite direction.
- Perform the exercise as to reduce the strain in the middle back.
Tips to Prevent Middle Back Pain
You have to maintain a good posture. It is important for people suffering from middle back pain. Just follow our tips to get rid of the middle back pain.
- Take regular breaks when your back hurts a lot and continue the activity you do after some time.
- Avoid taking bed rest for more than 2 days as it will increase the pain in joints instead of reducing it.
- Use heat pads to the affected areas of the middle back pain as it helps you to reduce pain and stiffness.
- Use an ice pack to the affected areas of middle back which will help to reduce pain and swelling in the muscle.
- Avoid taking stress that reduces middle back pain to an extent.
- Always remember to practice a good posture while standing, sitting or walking. It helps you to prevent middle back pain in future.
- Regular exercise with a healthy diet will reduce middle back pain.
- Consume more of calcium and Vitamin D foods to prevent middle back pain.
- Avoid smoking when affected by middle back pain as smoking slows down your blood flow in the body and slows down the healing process.
- Get enough sleep and maintain a proper posture while sleeping.
- Take care when you lift heavy objects as it increases middle back pain.
- Practice deep breathing in your free time.
- Make a practice of doing meditation.
- Avoid doing exercises if you have worst back pain as it will increase the pain and worse the situation.
- Sit in the correct posture while working on the computers and watching television.
- Avoid carrying a very heavy backpack, hang bags or kids when affected by middle back pain.
- Always choose a desk or chair of your height. Excess of height or less height while sitting will cause middle back pain.
- Avoid climbing staircase when affected by middle back pain.
- Prefer to walk slowly once affected by middle back pain because hard movements in hip and legs cause the pain.
- Have slight movements in the body when your body is affected by back pain.
- Keeps a pillow at your back while sleeping to reduce middle back pain.
Follow these remedies for middle back pain as well as the tips to quickly get relief from it. Do you have any suggestions for the middle back pain? Then share it with us. .