Do you get stomach ache frequently? Are you not able to concentrate on your work due to stomach ache? I know that it is indeed a difficult condition to bear and you want to treat it immediately.
A person experiences mild or acute pain in the stomach due to gastric problems, indigestion issues, or stomach infections. He also gets this pain if he is suffering from certain kinds of diseases like appendicitis, ulcer, urinary infection and constipation. Pain the stomach or stomach cramps, gas formation in the stomach, and a vomiting sensation are some of the symptoms of stomach pain.
Top 11 Home Remedies for Stomach Ache
Want effective solutions to get rid of stomach pain? Then go for the home remedies that are natural and cause no side effects. Let’s have a look.
1. Ginger Tea
Ginger contains gingerols and shogaol which relax the muscle of your stomach. Ginger is one of the most effective remedies for stomach pain.
- Take some fresh ginger and wash it to remove the skin. Cut it into small pieces.
- Take 1 cup of water in a container.
- Add the ginger pieces to the water and boil it for 3 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and drink the tea for to get rid of stomach ache. Add 1 tbsp of honey to it if you want to drink it sweet.
Offering a soothing effect, peppermint cures your stomach ache very fast.
Method 1: Using Peppermint Leaves
- Take a small cup of water in a container.
- Add some fresh peppermint leaves to it and boil it for 2 minutes.
- Strain the tea and drink it to get relief from stomach ache. You can chew raw peppermint leaves as it will offer more cooling effect to the stomach.
Method 2: Using Peppermint Oil
- Take a small cup of warm water.
- Add 1 drop of peppermint oil to it.
- Stir it well and drink the liquid as the mint oil will help you digest your food quickly and offer relief from stomach ache.
Loaded with anti-inflammatory properties, chamomile can cure stomach ache effectively.
- Take a container with 1 cup of hot water.
- Add 1-2 tsp of dried chamomile to it.
- Allow the chamomile leaves to remain for 15-20 minutes.
- Strain it and drink the tea immediately when it’s hot to treat stomach ache fast.
4. Lemon Water
Loaded with hydrochloric acid, lemon juice breaks down the accumulated food in your stomach and helps to remove the toxins. As a result, your stomach ache gets reduced.
- Take some water in a glass.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon to it and stir it well. You can also add a pinch of salt for taste.
- Take this drink to get immediate relief from stomach ache.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar offers one of the most effective remedies for stomach ache.
- Take 1 glass of fresh warm water.
- Add 2-3 drops of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Mix it well and drink it to get rid of severe stomach ache.
6. Baking Soda
Baking soda helps to cure stomach infection and gives you great relief from the stomach ache.
Method1: Using Baking Soda
- Take 1 glass of warm water.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of baking soda to it and mix it well.
- Drink it immediately when you feel a pain in the stomach.
Method2: Baking Soda with Lemon Juice
- Take the juice of 1 fresh lemon in a glass of warm water.
- Add 1tbsp of baking soda and a pinch of salt to it.
- Mix it and drink it immediately as it will soothe the pain in your
7. Fennel Seeds
Chewing of fennel seeds will help you get rid of stomach ache. It will offer you a quick relief from all stomach ache, gastritis and inflammation problems.
- Take 1 or ½ tsp of fennel seeds.
- Chew them thoroughly in regular intervals to get rid of stomach ache fast.
Note: Pregnant women should avoid taking fennel seeds as it may harm their health.
8. Rice Water
Consume the water that is left out once you cook the rice to reduce your stomach pain effectively.
- Take ½ cup of rice in a cooking bowl.
- Add 2 cups of water to it and boil it. Remember to take 2 cups of water to cook 1 cup of rice.
- Cook the rice.
- Strain the rice from the bowl and separate the liquid from it.
- Drink the liquid by adding a pinch of salt which gives a good taste. It easily flushes out the toxins and is one of the best natural remedies for stomach ache.
9. Warm Salt Water
Water is the ultimate and the simplest of remedies that treat all your health issues related to stomach. Consume warm salt water every hour by adding a pinch of salt to 1 glass of water. This water will hydrate your body and flush out the toxins easily. This process will reduce your stomach ache effectively.
10. Apply Heat
Another simple home remedy to cure the pain in the stomach is by applying heat. You can try different methods to apply heat. The easiest way to apply heat to your stomach is by taking some amount of rice and a sock.
- Take a sock and fill it will raw rice. Keep some space for the rice to move flexibly in the sock. Tie the end of the sock with a rubber band.
- Keep it in a microwave for a second to make it a little hot.
- Now place it slowly all over your stomach as this rice compress will reduce your stomach ache.
11. Aloe Vera Juice
You can use aloe vera juice to ease the pain in your stomach. Drinking aloe vera juice will also help you to cure indigestion and constipation problems.
Tips to Prevent Stomach Ache
Go through the tips that are mentioned below if you do not want to go through this stomach pain again.
- Take your breakfast, lunch and dinner in a scheduled time to avoid gas formation, one of the main reasons for stomach ache.
- Drink at least 10-11 glasses of water every day. Drink water only after your meal.
- Always prefer boiled water to drink as they will reduce the bacteria entering directly into your body and causing stomach ache.
- Always chew your food properly as it helps in proper digestion.
- Include vitamin-rich fruits and vegetables in your daily diet. Eat more blueberries.
- Avoid acidic foodstuffs and take the food which best suits your digestive system.
- Eat less of milk and dairy products.
- Drink honey tea or ginger tea.
- Maintain a hygiene routine. Wash your hands before your meal.
If your stomach aches regularly and you experience severe stomach pain then immediately consult your doctor.
Do you know any other home remedies for stomach ache? If yes then share it with us.