re you stressed on how to get pregnant or troubled getting pregnant? May be you are trying to get pregnant from a very long time but still haven’t conceived yet. Wondering how to get pregnant fast? If this is your story then the chances of getting pregnant for you will increase after going through the information discussed here. Don’t miss any of the ways presented here as these can help you in knowing some of the best ways to get pregnant easily.
What is Pregnancy?
Pregnancy starts with the fertilization of an egg with a sperm and ends with the birth of a baby. Pregnancy lasts up to 9 months (38 to 40 weeks) where 9 months are divided into three stages of pregnancy: first trimester (week 1 to week 13), second trimester (week 14 to week 27), and third trimester (week 28 to week 40).
Pregnancy due date is calculated according to your last menstrual cycle (LMC). It is confirmed by a pregnancy test. There are certain symptoms, which a pregnant woman experiences even before the test can confirm the pregnancy. Nowadays there are many online pregnant quizzes, which can help to know whether you are pregnant or not, but don’t rely on these quizzes as they cannot confirm your pregnancy.
Some of the most common signs that a pregnant woman experiences during her pregnancy are:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Frequent urination
- Tender breasts
- Missed period
- Fatigue, dizziness
- Mood swings
- Cramping and spotting
Causes of Infertility
If you are wondering why I can’t get pregnant or why I am not getting pregnant, then all these factors mentioned below can cause infertility. Usually, it is hard to get pregnant with irregular periods, frequent miscarriages, abortions, PCOD and endometriosis. Also, people say that after the 30s, it is difficult to conceive. Let’s check the underlying causes of infertility.
- PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease) or irregular periods
- Thyroid or inadequate hormonal production or lack of luteinizing hormone
- Physical blockage
- Poor nutrition
- Excess weight
- Exposure to toxins, such as smoking, drinking alcohol, etc.
How to Get Pregnant Fast?
It is always better to have a planned pregnancy where both the man and woman are prepared to have a baby. They should be prepared well both financially and physically. It is suggested to consult a doctor before planning a child to have a healthy baby.
There are some of the easiest and natural ways by following which you can boost your fertility level and increase the chances of getting pregnant. Let’s look into some of them, which will help you to conceive successfully.
1. Fertile Window
This will help you to find out the days when you are most fertile and increase the chances of conceiving. The chances of getting pregnant are more during 5 days before ovulation till the day of ovulation. These 6 days are known as the ‘fertile window’ in a woman’s monthly cycle.
During ovulation, the egg or ovum is released from the ovary, which is alive only for 24 hours, whereas a man’s sperm is active for 48 to 72 hours. Therefore, it is always best to have sexual intercourse every alternate day during this time of fertile window to get pregnant naturally. It is recommended to have sex every 2 or 3 days so that the sperm quality will be good.
2. Healthy Diet
Having a healthy or nutritious diet is very important if you are trying to conceive. It not only results in having a healthy baby, but helps you to stay fit during pregnancy.
Below are certain foods, which you should take while planning for a baby.
- Sufficient amount of protein is required each day. Eat eggs, pulses, fish, nuts, meat, chicken, and some green leafs, which contain protein.
- Consume a lot of green vegetables like broccoli, spinach, lettuce, beans, peas, and other vegetables like cabbage, collard, kale, cauliflower.
- Take out all the processed foods, sugars and starches from your diet. Acquire essential carbohydrates from some fruits, vegetables, and starchy sources like sweet potatoes and squash.
- Fat is important for your body, but you should take healthy fats from food sources like coconut, eggs, olive oil, butter, avocado, nuts, olives, etc.
- Eat brown rice or bran instead of white rice.
- Consume dairy products like skimmed milk, yogurt, and cottage cheese. Drinking 1 cup of milk every day gives you sufficient amount of calcium and other vitamins. But avoid processed dairy products like cream, cheese, ghee, butter.
- Maintain a good hormonal balance by consuming foods like leafy vegetables, apricots, raisins, fruits, salmon, wheat grains, almonds. These foods also help to regulate the ovulation process.
3. Having Sex Regularly is the Key
Most of the times women find it hard to become pregnant because they hardly have active sex lives. During weekdays, people are so busy that they hardly get time to make love. Even if they get some time they will be tired and exhausted after working the whole day, and they postpone it to weekends.
Sex only during weekends will decrease the chances of getting pregnant or if you are lucky enough then you might get pregnant. It is true that having sex daily will reduce the quality of sperm but having a gap of more than 5 days will not either help in conceiving. Therefore, try having unprotected sex every 2-3 days to increase your chance of getting pregnant easily.
4. Sex Positions
Certain positions are more effective when it comes to get pregnant. Choose sex positions that angle upwards and allow the sperm to travel to the fallopian tubes easily. Missionary, spooning, and doggy style are some of the positions, which allow the easy penetration of the sperm.
It is necessary for a woman to stay at the same place after having sex. Staying with your legs crossed for 5-10 minutes allows the sperm to swim till the fallopian tubes without any hindrance.
Many couples want to know how to get pregnant with a baby boy or baby girl.
Sex Positions to Get Pregnant with a Boy
The Shettles Method directs using sexual positions, which support deep penetration, such as rear-entry position when trying to conceive a boy. This position supports deep- penetration sex, which places the sperm, close to the cervix, which gives the fast moving male sperm an advantage and increases the chances of getting conceived with a baby boy. Also, while having sex, the woman should have the orgasm, which will push the sperm fast to the cervix.
Having sex on the day of ovulation also tends to increase the chances of conceiving with a boy, as the sperms are considered to swim faster and reach the egg first.
Sex Positions to Get Pregnant with a Girl
Many married couples ask this question how to get pregnant with a baby girl? The answer is yes as there are certain sex positions, which will definitely increase the chances of getting pregnant with a girl child.
It is opposite in the case when trying to conceive with a girl as here, the sperm should be farther from the cervix and shallow penetration like missionary position helps in conceiving a girl. Also, the women should avoid orgasm while trying to conceive for a girl.
5. Boost Your Partner’s Health
In order to get pregnant fast, your spouse’s health is equally important as yours. A man should also prepare his body for having a healthy sperm, which increases the chances of getting pregnant and also avoids the risk of early miscarriages.
Your partner should also eat healthy food and maintain a healthy weight. He should be doing exercises regularly to be fit. The quality of the sperm can be increased by eating foods rich in Vitamin B, C, E and D, and other minerals like zinc and selenium. These vitamins and minerals help for a healthy sperm count.
He should also avoid stress as worries and stress decrease the quality of the sperm. If there is any problem, which is the main cause of stress, then it is better to consult a healthcare specialist to minimize the stress level.
6. Prenatal Vitamins to Promote Fertility
To ensure a healthy baby, it is always necessary to take vitamins even before planning for a child. These vitamins will help you to conceive and provide good health to you and your child. Food items are not sufficient to meet the daily requirements of vitamins and minerals. That is why there is a need to take some supplements but ensure to consult your doctor before taking them.
Here is a list of prenatal vitamins and minerals, which will help you become pregnant fast and ensure a healthy delivery.
- Folic Acid: It is one of the most essential vitamins, which women take once they conceive to avoid any neural defects. But it is always better to take folic acid supplements 2-3 months before planning for a baby. It increases the chances of conception.
- Vitamin: In US, people are mostly found deficient of Vitamin D, especially during the winter. This vitamin is very important for the overall health, especially if you are trying for a baby. Deficiency of this vitamin is related with infertility and miscarriage
- Zinc: This mineral is important for both the male and the female, who are planning for a child. In the male, it produces healthy sperm and improves the quality of the sperm, whereas in women it helps in producing healthy eggs and is involved in the process of cell division during the fertilization of the sperm and the ovum.
- Vitamin E: In men, it helps to protect the sperm and DNA and in women, it helps to regulate the ovulation cycle.
- Iron: Poor quality of eggs is found in people who are iron deficient. Taking iron supplements helps in regularizing the ovulation cycle and prevents anemia. Thus, it increases the chances of getting pregnant.
- Vitamin C: This is found to very efficient both for male and female fertility as it is a potent antioxidant.
- Vitamin B6: It is known as a hormone regulator, which helps in balancing the hormones of your body that help in conceiving fast as it increases the FSH and LH, which improves the fertility level of a woman.
- Selenium: It improves the sperm count and helps to protect the sperm and eggs from the free radicals, which can cause chromosomal disorders resulting in miscarriages and birth defects.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: It promotes ovulation, improves the quality of the uterus and thus aids in
7. Lifestyle Factors
There are so many factors, which are considered as important when it comes to conceiving a child. If you are planning for a baby then it is a time to change your lifestyle.
- Having a right weight is important when it comes to conceiving. Both overweight and underweight can decrease the fertility level and even if you conceive, there can be certain complications. So, it is always better to have a normal BMI when trying to conceive.
- Exercise is also very important before conceiving and after conceiving as well. Once you get pregnant, walking, swimming and light exercise is always good for having a healthy baby.
- Stress is one of the main causes of infertility. One may have everything right, but if still not conceiving then there is 100 % probability that you are stressed. Don’t take stress even if you do not get pregnant after trying for few months as it decreases the chances of getting pregnant.
- Caffeine, smoking and drinking alcohol reduces the chances of getting pregnant. So, if you are trying for a baby then it is a time to get rid of all these things.
- Give your body 8 hrs of sleep. Taking rest is very important when it comes to getting pregnant. Also, once you conceive, your body requires more rest than usual.
- Water is very essential and your body should always be hydrated to function normally. Drink plenty of water and fluids for the proper functioning of the metabolism in your body.
8. Getting Pregnant with Certain Medical Conditions or Birth Control
If you are diagnosed with certain medical conditions and told that this is the main cause of your infertility then don’t lose hope because you can get pregnant in spite of having those illnesses.
Below are some of the medical conditions or birth control procedures which cause infertility. But, still there are chances that you can conceive.
- Irregular Periods/PCOD: Irregular periods are mostly involved with PCOD where ovulation does not happen regularly and women find it difficult to conceive.
Nowadays, there are certain medicines, which can correct the irregularity of periods and can make you ovulate on time. But even the doctors say that weight loss, eating healthy, and doing exercises regularly is the key to treating PCOD naturally.
- Endometrioses and Fibroids: It is a condition where a woman’s endometrial tissue implants itself outside the uterine cavity that causes pain and leads to infertility.
Researchers say that endometriosis is a psychological disease and thus can be treated when one decide to live a healthy, stress-free life. If you want to conceive and have endometriosis then the doctor can remove the abnormal growth of the tissue by laparoscopy.
- Mirena: Mirena is a small, flexible, T- shaped IUD, which is implanted in the uterus for temporary birth control. If you want to get pregnant then Mirena can be removed. As, chances are rare to get pregnant on Mirena, it is a reversible birth control device and can be removed when you are planning to have a child.
- Tubal Ligation: This is a permanent form of birth control in which the fallopian tubes are tied, blocked or cut. The chances of getting pregnant with a tubal ligation are almost no but if it fails then you might become pregnant. But the chances of ectopic pregnancy will be more.
- Menopause: Menopause is a condition where a woman cannot ovulate and it seems an end of the reproductive system for a woman, but now it is not the case. Medical technology has advanced that now getting pregnant after menopause has become possible but, it can involve a risk. Therefore, it is better to take doctor’s opinion on this matter.
9. Conceiving after 30’s and 40’s
It is a fact that as the woman or man ages, the fertility rate declines. Though it can be difficult for many women for getting pregnant after their 30s or 40s, but it’s not impossible. The days are gone where it was almost impossible for women to conceive after the 30s and 40s.
You can still conceive naturally if you are not suffering from any medical condition. So, consult a doctor to know the possibilities of your getting pregnant at the age of 40.
Additional Tips for Getting Pregnant:
Here are some further tips for conceiving, which will help you to get pregnant fast.
- Avoid wearing tight undergarments, especially men as it affects the sperm production and can affect the process of fertilization.
- Exposure to excessive heat like steam rooms, hot baths, saunas, Jacuzzis., etc, should be avoided by men if planning for a baby as a man’s testicles should be below the body temperature, otherwise it can decline the sperm count.
- Women after 35 find it difficult to conceive, so it is always better to get a checkup done to treat any fertility problems.
- Avoid eating too much papaya and pineapple if you are planning to conceive.
- Women should avoid strenuous workouts, as it can affect ovulation and delay your chances of getting pregnant.
- Do not take caffeine more than 250 mg per day, as it causes infertility.
- If you were taking depo shot for not getting pregnant, then consult your doctor and stop taking it if you want to get pregnant.
- Meditation helps you to avoid stress, which is the biggest stumbling block in getting pregnant. If you are still feeling stressed about your conception then meditation will help you to get pregnant.
- If you don’t know the positions to get pregnant, then you can see some pictures, which explain how to allow deep penetration of the sperm that will help you in getting pregnant.
- There are very rare chances for a woman to get pregnant on her period, so it is better to avoid sex during periods as it may also increase the chances of vaginal infection in the women.
- Precum cannot make you pregnant, as it does not contain sperms, so it is suggested for your man to ejaculate inside without any protection if you want to conceive.
- Certain foods help you to get pregnant as they are highly nutritious and meet your daily requirements of vitamins and minerals. Try to add a bowl of spinach, any green vegetable, brown rice, 2 eggs, pulses, salmon or oyster, chicken or red meat, pomegranates, apple, almonds, avocado, apricot, flax seeds, beans, milk, and yogurt in your daily diet.
- You are most likely to get pregnant if you are having sex 3-4 days before ovulation and on the ovulation day.
If you are still having a hard time in conceiving then consult a gynecologist and they will check if you are having any health issues. Don’t worry if you are not able to conceive as there are fertility pills, which can help you in getting pregnant. Also, IVF and other facilities are available through which you can have your own child. Nothing is impossible now!