A few years back, Mona started his career in modeling. Gradually, she noticed some changes in her body structure due to the increased body weight. But she got surprised when she noticed a double chin and she just screamed – oh my god, it looks so ugly. And due to that, she faced many obstacles in her career.
She lost many contracts. Her career which was once bloomed came to an end. All her hopes were shattered! She was downcast and pondering how she can get rid of her double chin? She wonders if she can find any solution for this problem and restart her modeling career.
Is your story similar to Mona? Are you also facing the same challenges as her? Do you want to know how to get rid of a double chin? Do not worry, there is a hope for you. You don’t have to feel bad as you can reduce your double chin by following certain home remedies. Let’s read on to know more about the double chin, its causes and remedies to reduce it.
How Do You Get A Double Chin?
If you want to get rid of a double chin completely, then it is very important to know the reasons which cause double chin. The factors that generally cause double chin are:
- Excess weight gain
How to Get Rid of a Double Chin
When excessive body fat gets deposited under the jaw area, it causes a double chin. There are many ways to get rid of the double chin. Exercise and dieting help in losing weight but sometimes this alone will not help if there are other causes for a double chin. So, what else you can try? Well, there are many home remedies which will help you to reduce your double chin. These remedies will not cost you much unlike liposuction or surgery; in fact, it will hardly cost you anything. Moreover, it is painless and does not have any side effects.
So let’s look into some of the remedies which you can try at home:
Milk which is easily available in our homes contains lactic acid and many other nutrients comprising Vitamin A, D, B6, B12, protein, biotin, calcium, potassium, magnesium, and selenium. Selenium which is an anti-aging agent helps in fighting off free radicals and protects the skin against sun damage.
It is helpful in maintaining elasticity and firmness of the skin, a property that reduces double chin. Calcium and Vitamin D present also enhance collagen production which stimulates skin elasticity, making it tight and youthful.
- Take some milk in your hands and apply to your chin area. (you can also use cotton for applying).
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Then, wash it with lukewarm water.
- Take 2-3 tsp milk and 1 tsp of honey.
- Mix well to make a mask and apply on your chin area.
- Leave for 20 minutes and then wash with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process daily.
2. Vitamin E
Another way of getting rid of double chin is to consume more of Vitamin E in your daily diet. Vitamin E is found in green leaves, brown rice, beans, nuts, apples, wheat germ oil, dairy products etc.
FThis vitamin is very good for skin as it reduces jowls and increases the elasticity which prevents your skin from sagging or become loose. Vitamin E is the best answer to your question of how to get rid of a double chin.
- Take some Vitamin E oil in your palms and rub your hands to spread all over, mainly on your thumbs. (you can obtain Vitamin E oil from the capsule also)
- Put your thumbs under your chin.
- Then, take your thumbs back and again up.
- By doing this, you will pull your chin’s skin back and upwards around your jawbone.
- Do this massage every day for 10-15 minutes (you can use wheat germ oil also).
- The massage with Vitamin E oil will tighten your skin and increase blood circulation in the chin area. It will tone the muscles and reduce the puffiness.
[Also Read: How To Lighten Skin Naturally]
The useful properties of melon recover skin tone and stop the collapse of the area, which prevents fat to get stored. Watermelon has so many nutrients. It is an antioxidant with anti-ageing properties which fight free radicals. It does not allow the skin to become sag. This fruit has great toning and astringent properties which help in tightening the skin.
- Cut some melon and blend it to get the juice (can use a little water if required).
- With the help of a cotton ball apply this juice to your chin.
- Now, leave it for 15-20 minutes, and then, wash off with water.
- Combine melon juice and apple juice in equal amount.
- Now, apply this to your chin area.
- Wash after 15-20 minutes.
You can also take an equal amount of milk instead of apple juice.
4. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is a rich source of anti-oxidants. It is an excellent soothing, moisturizing and skin softening agent. It is high in fatty acids. It deeply hydrates the skin, thus gives more elasticity to it.
- Take 2 tsp of cocoa butter.
- Rub this on your chin.
- Now, massage gently by moving your thumbs backwards and upward.
- Repeat this for 15-20 minutes daily in the night, before going to bed.
- Do this process before taking a shower in the morning too, for effective results.
Glycerine or glycerol is a wonderful skin moisturizing agent. It also makes stratum corneum barrier properties of the skin. And this protects the core tissues of the skin from chemicals, dirt, infection, dehydration, etc. Glycerine offers long-lasting effects by preventing your skin from sagging. At the same time, it also prevents wrinkles.
Method: Glycerine Mask
- Take 1 tsp of glycerine and combine it with ½ tsp of Epsom salt and 2 drops of peppermint oil.
- Soak a cotton pad in this solution and then apply this to your chin.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and wash off with water.
- Repeat this 3-5 times a week.
Eggs are full of protein and are good for overall health of the skin. An egg white mask is useful for reducing a double chin as it has a ‘skin tightening effect. It removes the dead skin and tightens the pores which prevent the skin from becoming loose or sagging.
Method: Egg White Mask
- Take 1 tsp each of milk, lemon juice, and honey.
- Combine all together and whisk well.
- Now, add few drops of peppermint oil.
- Apply this mask to your double chin area.
- Leave it for 25-30 minutes, until it becomes dry.
- Rinse it with warm water and pat dry your skin.
- Repeat this daily to get quick results.
- This mask will not just reduce your double chin but will also bring a glow to the applied area.
7. Green Tea
Green tea contains powerful anti-oxidant and so many other components which boost your metabolism causes to burn more calories. Therefore, it is good to drink green tea regularly than caffeinated drinks.
- Green tea contains a high level of amino acid L-theanine which has a calming effect.
- Start your day with green tea, and have 3-4 cups throughout the day.
- Adding green tea to your everyday diet will help in reducing your weight and your double chin too.
[Also Read: How Green Tea Helps Acne]
8. Chewing Gum
Apart from weight gain and hereditary issues, sometimes it is weak sagging muscles, due to lack of toning causes the double chin. Exercise is the best way to tone your body muscles.
- Chewing gum makes your underneath jaw muscles exercise. It is a nice workout.
- Eat chewing gum daily and you will see your sagging skin becoming tightened and toned. It will firm the muscles of your chin, neck and face.
- Eating chewing gums, 2-3 times a day will give you quick results.
- Try eating sugar-free chewing gums so that your weight will not be increased and you will not have a toothache.
5 Best Exercises to Reduce Your Double Chin
These remedies are beneficial and you are sure to get awesome results by trying any 1 or 2 of these. Apart from these remedies, there are some of the exercises which will help you in reducing your double chin.
Stick out Your Tongue
This exercise is very effective in building your chin muscles.
- You can do this exercise in a sitting or stand position.
- Open your mouth wide and stick your tongue out as much as you can, until you feel the tightness in your chin and neck area.
- Do this exercise 10 times by counting till 10.
2. Do chin lifts
This exercise is helpful in strengthening and tightening your face muscles.
- Do this exercise by standing with your back and keeping your neck straight.
- Look at the ceiling by raising your chin towards the ceiling.
- Kiss your lips towards the ceiling and hold it for 10 seconds.
- Repeat this exercise 10 times every day for best results.
[Also Read: Excellent Remedies For Beautiful & Flawless Skin]
3. Jaw Release
This exercise is very helpful in reducing your fat near your jaw area.
- Do this exercise by sitting or in a standing position.
- Stretch your spine; your back should be straight.
- Move your jaws up and down as if you are chewing something, by closing your mouth, inhale a deep breath through your nose and then slowly exhale while buzzing.
- Once you finish exhaling, open your mouth as wide you can.
- Then, with the tip of your tongue, try to touch your back teeth.
- Hold this position by inhaling and exhaling with an “ahhhhh” sound.
- The entire move should take 2 minutes which completes one set.
- Try doing 2-5 sets every day.
4. Use a Tennis Ball
- Place a tennis ball against your neck and hold it with the help of your chin.
- Do this by pressing your chin against the tennis ball strongly, then release to some extent (don’t use your hands).
- Repeat this exercise 10 times every day and you will soon notice a change.
5. Roll Your Neck
- Stand with your spine straight.
- Now, turn your head to one side, your chin should be parallel to your shoulder. And along with this, your eyes should be looking off to the side.
- Slowly roll your head downward and upward in clockwise and anticlockwise direction. Always do the rolling of your neck slowly so that you may not get jerks.
- Repeat this 10 times daily.
- By doing these exercises regularly, you will see a great change in your body. Slowly, your chin will start to reduce.
Few more Tips to Reduce Double Chin
- Always have a correct posture while walking, sitting, standing, bending, etc.
- Sleep with a thin pillow as it will avoid stretching of your skin which happens by using high pillows.
- Always apply a moisturizer or a lotion on your neck area in order to remain hydrated.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. Increase the intake fruits like cucumber, watermelon, bottle gourd, lettuce, etc. This will help in increasing your metabolism and reducing your weight.
- Reduce your weight by doing some exercises at home or by joining a gym, swimming, walking, jogging, etc.
- Have a low-calorie diet as it will help you in shedding some extra pounds. Include lots of salads, fruits, sprouts in your diet. Avoid fried foods and sweets completely.
Some Other Tips to Hide Your Double Chin
- Do more of eye make-up which will draw attention away from your chin.
- Wear neutral lipstick or lip-gloss shades to reduce the attention to your chin.
- Always keep your hair length medium as long hair or short hair, both draw attention towards the lower part of your face.
- Never wear tight necklaces.
- Always consider what you’re wearing. Wear more of broad neck t-shirts or tops instead of high-necked tees.
So, now you are aware of how to get rid of a double chin and have known various possible home remedies to reduce double chin. Are you going to try any of these home remedies? Or have you already tried any other home remedies or exercises for a double chin? If yes, then share your experiences with us.