Unwanted facial hair is a concern for any woman and we women always fight with this issue as it is very embarrassing as well as it makes the person look ugly. If you want to get rid of facial hair, then go for natural methods for it. Let’s learn more about facial hair and ways to remove it.
The main causes of the growth of unwanted facial hair in women are hormonal imbalance, heredity, stress, pregnancy etc. Unwanted hair on cheeks, chin, forehead and on the upper lips makes the person look unattractive and unappealing. In addition to that it also causes personal distress and spoils the feminine look of a woman, which ultimately leads to low self-esteem and loss of confidence.
Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Facial Hair Permanently
So, when one thinks about, how to get rid of facial hair, many methods come to the mind immediately, like waxing, bleaching, shaving, etc., but these methods cannot remove facial hair permanently.
The laser hair removal technique is meant to remove the facial hair permanently, but it is very costly, and at the same time it does not give you any guarantee that the facial hair will not grow again.
If you want an easy way to remove facial hair at home, then opt for natural remedies, which are considered best and safe for your skin.
1.Potatoes and Yellow Lentils
The combination of potato and lentils works as a wonderful home remedy for facial hair removal. Mixed with lemon juice and honey, this combination will help in removing even the finest hair from your face.
- Potato- 1
- Yellow lentils – 1 bowl
- Lemon juice – 4 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Take 1 bowl of yellow lentils and soak it overnight.
- Next day morning, clean the lentils properly with water and grind it to make a paste.
- Take 1 potato, peel it and crush it.
- Sieve the crushed potato to take out its juice.
- Now, mix the lentil paste with the potato juice.
- Add 4 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of honey to the mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients together, and apply this on your face.
- Wash your face once it gets dried.
- Lemon works as a natural cleanser while honey moisturizes the skin.
- Use this remedy regularly at least 2 times a week to remove unwanted facial hair.
[Also Read:How to Get Rid of Freckles]
2. Chickpea Flour
Chickpea or gram flour removes unwanted hair successfully. Apart from that it also exfoliates the skin. With some skin lightening properties, chickpea flour makes your skin fair and radiant.
- Chickpea or gram flour – 2 tbsp
- Milk – ½ tsp
- Milk cream – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ¾ tsp
- Bowl – 1
- Facial loofah – 1
Method-1: Milk, Milk Cream and Turmeric Powder
- In a bowl, take 2 tbsp of chickpea flour, ½ tsp of milk, 1 tbsp of milk cream and ¾ tsp of turmeric powder.
- Mix all the ingredients nicely to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face.
- Leave it for 20-25 minutes to dry completely.
- Take a facial loofah and dip it in lukewarm water and squeeze it for removing the excess water.
- Scrub your face gently with the loofah.
- Repeat this process 3 times per week for few weeks, and you will completely get rid of facial hair.
Method-2: Turmeric Powder and Yogurt
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Chickpea flour – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Plain yogurt – ½ tsp
- Or rose water – ½ tsp
- Small bowl – 1
- Take 1 tbsp of chickpea flour, ¼ tsp of turmeric powder and ½ tsp of plain yogurt or rose water in a small bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients well to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on your face especially covering the areas where there is more hair growth.
- Leave it there for about 20 minutes, so that it dries completely.
- Then scrub it for the removal of the unwanted hair.
- Follow this remedy 2-3 times in a week to get rid of facial hair naturally.
3. Egg Mask
The mixture of egg white, sugar and corn flour works as a natural peel off mask to get rid of unwanted facial hair. Apart from that it also removes the impurities from your face. It clears, softens and lighten your skin naturally, and therefore known as one of the best facial hair removal methods.
- Egg – 1
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Corn flour – ½ tbsp
- Small bowl – 1
Method: Egg white, Sugar and Corn flour
- Take only the white portion of 1 egg in a small bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of sugar and ½ tbsp corn flour to the egg white.
- Mix all the ingredients well to make a face mask.
- Apply this face mask on your face and allow it to dry completely.
- Peel off the mask from your face after 20-30 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy 2-3 times in a week to get rid of facial hair permanently.
4. Lavender and Tea Tree Oil
Both lavender and tea tree oil has antiandrogenic properties to cure mild hirsutism (excessive hair growth) as androgen hormone helps in hair growth.
- Lavender oil – 1 tsp
- Tea tree oil – 4 to 6 drops
- Cotton ball – 1
- Small bowl -1
- In a small bowl, take 1 tsp of lavender oil and 4-6 drops of tea tree oil and mix the ingredients well.
- With the help of a cotton ball, apply this solution to your face.
- Leaving this for maximum hours is always best, or else keep it on your face for 2-3 hours.
- This can be used for any other parts of the body to remove unwanted hair.
- This remedy can be used daily for 3 months to get rid of the unwanted facial hair.
[Also Read:How To Get Even Skin Tone Naturally]
5. Homemade Wax
This remedy is very effective and being used from very long to get rid of unwanted facial hair. This process helps to get rid of facial hair naturally and at the same time it causes less pain in comparison to facial waxing in beauty parlors.
- Granulated brown sugar – 2 tsp
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – few drops
- Small bowl – 1
- Spatula -1
- Disposable wax strip – 1
- Take 2 tsp of granulated brown sugar in a small bowl and mix it with 1 tsp of honey.
- In a microwave, heat this mixture for 30 seconds, till it leaves bubbles and becomes brown.
- Allow it to cool naturally, and then add few drops of lemon juice to preserve the mixture.
- Before applying this wax on your face, make sure your face is dry or use a little amount of talcum powder or witch hazel to avoid sweating of the skin.
- Use a spatula to apply this wax on the areas where hair growth is more.
- Apply this wax in the direction of your hair growth to avoid irritation and damage to your skin.
- Put a disposable wax strip on the applied wax, and press it with your fingers to the direction in which you have applied the wax.
- Now, remove the strip by pulling it in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
- Repeat this process to remove facial hair at home. This is one of the best facial hair removal methods and using this remedy 2 times in a month will help in removing the facial hair
6. Apricot and Honey Scrub
Apricot contains an amazing antioxidant, called lycopene. It also has many other vitamins and minerals, which are very effective in removing the excessive hair from your face. Apricot and honey scrub removes the unwanted facial hair as well as gives you a glowing, soft and smooth skin.
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Dried apricots – ½ cup
- Take ½ cup of dried apricots and make a fine powder by grinding it.
- Add 1 tsp of honey to this powder and mix it nicely to make a scrub.
- Apply this scrub to your face or other areas where hair growth is more.
- Leave it for 10 minutes, and then gently scrub your face in a circular motion for 10-15 minutes.
- With lukewarm water wash your face.
- Continue this process 3-4 times in a week to remove facial hair.
7. Lemon and Orange Peel Mask
Orange peel is one of the best medicines that various skin ailments. The oil extracted from the peel of the orange is used to prepare many cosmetics and beauty products, which helps in cleansing the skin. Both lemon and orange peel contain a high amount of citrus property and Vitamin C, which acts as natural bleach, and thus helps in removing and bleaching the facial hair naturally.
- Orange peel powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon peel powder – 1 tsp
- Rose water – 1tsp
- Olive oil – 1 to 2 tsp
- Oatmeal – 1 tsp
- Almond meal – 1tsp
- Bowl – 1
Method: Oatmeal, Almond Meal, Olive Oil and Rose Water
- Take 1 tsp each of lemon and orange peel powder in a bowl (You can take out the peels of both lemon and orange. Sundry the peels and grind them to make a powder).
- Add1 tsp each of oatmeal and almond meal to it.
- Mix all the ingredients well and then add 1 tsp of rose water, and 1-2 tsp olive oil to make a face mask.
- Apply this mask on your face and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- With the help of your fingers, rub your face gently in circular motions for 10 minutes.
- Clean the mask with normal water, and follow this process twice or thrice a week for few months.
- This is one of the best facial hair removal methods to provide relief from facial hair.
8. Barley Facial Scrub
Barley scrub is very effective in getting rid of coarse facial hair. Barley helps to do away with deep rooted facial hair. This scrub also helps to give you a healthy looking beautiful and flawless skin. This method offers one of the easiest ways to remove facial hair at home.
- Barley powder – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Small bowl – 1
- In a small bowl, take 1 tbsp each of barley powder, milk and lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients well to make a scrub.
- Now, apply this scrub on your face, and leave it for 20-30 minutes or till it gets dry completely.
- Later, scrub your face gently for about 10 minutes, and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this method 3-4 times in a week to get rid of facial hair completely.
Additional Tips to Get Rid of Facial Hair Naturally
Follow the tips that are mentioned below, which will help you to get rid of this unwanted facial hair effectively.
- Hormonal imbalance is one o the main causes of excessive hair growth. So, you need to follow a healthy diet regularly and eat your food on time as these maintain the hormonal balance in your body.
- Applying lemon juice and honey mask to your face regularly also helps to get rid of unwanted facial hair.
- Some remedies might be painful, but they will not harm your skin. So, try them anyways and stick to one or two remedies which are best for your skin. Changing remedies often is not good for your skin and you will also not get effective results.
- Drinking lots of water helps in proper functioning of the body. It keeps your body hydrated and increases metabolism, which helps in having a healthy skin as well checks unnecessary hair growth.
- Gelatin can be applied as a peel off face mask by combining it with 2 tbsp of milk and few drops of lavender oil. This will not only help to remove facial hair, but will also clear the dead skin cells and blackheads.
- Taking chasteberry extract in the capsule form or in tincture daily for 2-5 months will help in removing facial hair permanently. It helps to balance the hormonal level of your body (pregnant and nursing ladies should consult their doctor before taking it).
- Avoid make-up to cover your facial hair as it does not help in hiding the facial hair, rather it ruins your skin.
- Drink spearmint tea every day to get relief from unwanted facial hair. Apart from that it will also make your skin look younger and beautiful.
- Basil leaves and onion paste can be applied daily for few months to get rid of unwanted facial hair.
- Raw papaya mixed with honey and turmeric can be applied on the face regularly to remove unnecessary facial hair in males.
- Eat foods rich in phytoestrogens, such as flax seeds, kola, licorice, fennel, etc., as these will help in preventing abnormal hair growth in the face.
It is always recommended to check with a doctor to find out the cause of your problem so that it can be treated effectively. Remember to check if you observe few symptoms like decreased breast size in females or increased chest size in males, or increased muscle mass, masculine features in females like heavy voice, upper lips hair like moustache, or chin hair like beard, then consult a doctor immediately to treat your problem.
Now, you must have got the answer to your question, how to get rid of facial hair, but you need to be patient to get the desired results as these remedies take time to work. But following these tips and remedies consistently will result in the removal of the facial hair permanently.