Claire was getting ready to go out for a party. While she was applying makeup on her cheeks, she noticed some unwanted facial hair and was irked. Claire desperately wanted to remove her unwanted facial hair.
So, she started plucking the extra hair from her face, but to her dismay her face became red. She was enraged and just wanted to find a natural way to remove unwanted hair permanently as she was not in a position to afford a laser treatment.
I am sure that unwanted hair creates embarrassing situations for many and everybody wants to know how to get rid of unwanted hair.
There are various methods to get rid of unwanted hair like laser treatment, electrolysis, permanent waxing, trimming, hair removal cream etc, which are not only costly but also have some side effects.
Therefore, it is important to know some of the home remedies which offer the natural ways to get rid of unwanted hair permanently.
Causes of Unwanted Hair Growth
Unwanted hair growth in women is also known as hirsutism that happens when the body produces a high amount of male hormone known as androgens.
Androgen hormone imbalances the functioning of the hormones in the body and causes various other problems. These problems in turn cause unwanted hair growth. Some of these problems are mentioned below:
- PCODs (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome)
- Post pregnancy changes
- Certain medications
7 Miraculous Remedies to Get Rid of Unwanted Hair Permanently at Home
It is not necessary to go for costly treatments to get away with unwanted hair. You can very well get rid of this problem at home with the use of natural remedies.
Unlike the other treatments that are mentioned earlier, the home remedies are the simple, cheap and effective to remove unwanted hair from your body as well face. And at the same time the use of the home remedies do not cause any side effects on the skin.
So let’s look into these remedies one by one and choose the easiest and effective one to get rid of unwanted hair.
1. Turmeric and Gram Flour Paste to Remove Unwanted Hair
It is a wonder formula and works wonders on your skin!
The mixture of these ingredients is very effective in removing unwanted hair from any part of your body.
Enriched with anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric has been used since ancient times for various skin-related issues including unwanted hair removal. Apart from that it also checks hair growth.
Like turmeric, gram flour has also been used since ancient times to remove unwanted hair from the body as well as from the face.
The best thing about this paste is that it can be used even for very sensitive skin. The paste is used from olden times where there was no other way for removing unwanted hair.
- Turmeric powder – 2 tsp
- Gram flour – 2 tbsp
- Water – 3 tbsp
- Milk cream – 1 tbsp
- Rose water – few drops
- A bowl
- Take 2 tbsp of gram flour, 3 tbsp of rose water, 2 tsp of turmeric powder, and 1tbsp of milk cream in a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients well, and if the paste is very thick then add few more drops of rose water to it.
- Apply this mask on your body. It can be applied in any parts of the body to remove unwanted hair.
- You can also apply this paste for unwanted facial hair removal.
- For avoiding turmeric stain, wear a glove to apply the paste.
- After applying this mask leave it for 2 minutes.
- Keep massaging for 10-12 minutes till consistency of the mask changes, and it becomes like dough and looks shinier.
- And then the paste will easily fall off from your skin while rubbing gently.
- The use of this remedy will offer an instant glow to your skin.
- For best results, don’t wash your face or body for 2 hours after using this paste, and wait for next 24 hrs before using any soap, body wash or face wash on your skin.
- Repeat the same process 2 times a week and it will help you to remove unwanted hair.
2. How to Get Rid of Unwanted Hair with Coffee and Baking Soda
This combination helps to reduce hair growth on your face as well as on your body, especially from the legs.
Coffee and baking soda combination softens the hair and breaks down the hair follicles, so helps to remove the unwanted hair easily.
- Ground instant coffee – 2 tbsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Water 3 tbsp
- Wet tissue – 2
- A bowl
- Take 2 tbsp of ground instant coffee and 1 tsp of baking soda in a bowl.
- Mix it with 3 tbsp of water to make a thick paste.
- Or else you can use some coconut oil if it’s irritating your skin.
- Apply one portion of this paste on your one leg and then repeat with the other leg.
- Rub it gently for 5 minutes in a circular motion.
- After the procedure, wipe your legs with a wet tissue or wash off with normal water
- Regular use of this will help in to remove unwanted hair permanently from your legs.
Note: Please don’t use this method if your skin is very sensitive. You may scratch your skin by doing the process daily, so follow this process 2-3 times in a week.
3. How to Remove Unwanted Facial Hair with Sugar and Lemon Mix
Lemon juice, which is rich in Vitamin C, acts as natural bleach, and works as an astringent which lightens the hair on the face. Sugar works as a wonderful peel because of its coarse texture when mixed with lemon juice.
The combination of these two gives a fantastic result. It is used to remove unwanted facial hair. It can also be used to remove the hair in any other part of the body, but strictly prohibited for sensitive parts.
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Water – 10 tsp
- A small bowl
- Take 2tbsp of sugar and mix with 10 tbsp of water in a bowl.
- Add 2 tsp of lemon juice and mix well till the sugar gets dissolved completely in it.
- Now, apply this to your face in the direction of your hair, or wherever you have unwanted hair.
- Leave it for 20 minutes, and then rinse it with warm water.
- Rub the mixture while cleaning, as sugar gets stuck to the skin.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a week.
- Use this remedy frequently for 2 months to get rid of unwanted hair permanently at home.
4. Combination Mask
As the name suggests, this mask is a combination of various useful ingredients, which includes papaya, turmeric powder, aloe vera, mustard and essential oils. The combination of this mask is very effective in getting rid of unwanted hair.
Papaya is a rich source of an enzyme named as papain that breaks down the hair follicles and checks the hair growth. Apart from removing the hair, the use of papaya also exfoliates the skin and gives a clean and glowing look to the skin.
Papaya can be used for all skin types. The people with sensitive skin can get more fruitful results against unwanted hair by using papaya.
Loaded with skin healing and exfoliating properties, aloe vera gel heals the skin as well as gives a softer look to it.
- Raw papaya paste – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp-
- Gram flour – ¼ tbsp
- Mustard oil – 2 tbsp
- Aloe vera gel – 4 tbsp
- Lavender or any other essential oil – 3 drops
- Take 1 tbsp of papaya paste in a bowl.
- Add ¼ tbsp each of turmeric powder and gram flour to it.
- Now, add 2 tbsp of mustard oil, 4 tbsp of aloe vera gel and 3 drops of lavender or any other essential oil to it.
- Mix all the ingredients well to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste where there is unwanted hair and on the areas where the hair growth is more.
- Leave it for 20 minutes, and then clean it with the help of your fingers by rubbing it.
- By following this remedy for 2-3 times in a week will remove unwanted facial hair as well as hair from the other parts of the body.
- This home remedy also helps to stop unwanted hair growth.
5. Thanaka Powder and Safflower
Thanaka is a bark of a tree which is used in a powdered form. It is mainly used in Burma for cosmetic purposes.
It appears yellowish-white in color which is mixed with safflower oil for obtaining great results from getting rid of unwanted hair permanently.
Safflower oil helps to make the skin smooth and clear. It can be used as a moisturizer, which moistens the skin to give a smooth and clear look to it.
The combination of thanaka and safflower offer one of the best ways to get rid of unwanted hair. It works as a natural body inhibitor to remove the unnecessary hair from the body.
- Thanaka powder – 2 tbsp
- Safflower oil – 2 tbsp
- A bowl
- Take equal amounts of thanaka powder and safflower oil in a bowl.
- Mix these well to make a fine paste.
- Now, apply this paste on your body where you have excessive hair growth.
- This should be applied during night time, before going to bed.
- Leave the paste overnight, and wash it in the morning.
- Repeat this process 2 times a week for at least 3 months.
- This is a great remedy for eliminating unwanted hair.
6. How to Get Rid of Unwanted Hair with Banana and Oatmeal Scrub
Banana is the best component for uprooting the hair, and at the same time it gives your skin a soft and supple look. It works great for people who wants to get rid of dry skin.
But banana alone is not enough for removing the hair, so you need to combine it with something.
The roughness should not hurt your soft skin, so oatmeal is a perfect thing to be used with banana; moreover it works as a natural cleaning agent on for your skin.
- Ripe banana – 1
- Oatmeal – 2 tsp
- Take 1 ripe banana, and make a paste of it.
- Take 2 tsp of oatmeal in a bowl and add the banana paste to it.
- Mix both the banana paste and the oatmeal.
- Apply this paste on the areas where you have extra hair growth.
- While applying it on the skin, rub it in a circular motion for about 15-20 minutes and then wash it off with normal water.
- Continue this process by repeating it at least 2 times in a week.
- Following this process regularly will help in getting rid of unwanted hair permanently.
7. How to Remove Unwanted Hair with Basil and Onion Paste
Onion is not only used to add taste to various types of cuisines but also used to remove unwanted hair completely when applied with basil leaves.
However, you need to do some extra work to find out the thin transparent membranes, which are found between the onion layers.
- Medium size onion – 2
- Basil leaves – 10 to 15
- Take 2 onions and peel off the thin transparent membranes from the layers of the onion.
- Take 10-15 basil leaves and crush them along with onion coverings to form a paste.
- Now, apply this paste on your skin, or wherever you have unwanted hair growth.
- Leave it for 20 minutes, and then cleanse it with normal water.
- Repeat this process up to 4 times a week for about 3 months.
- This will give effective results by removing unwanted hair permanently.
Tips are beneficial in getting rid of the unwanted hair problem completely. By following some tips along with the home remedies will assist you in removing the unwanted hair effectively.
- Consume foods rich in phytoestrogens, a plant hormone similar to female hormone (estrogen). Flaxseeds, fennel seeds, soy products, licorice etc., are the rich sources of phytoestrogens.
So by taking foods rich in phytoestrogens will increase the female hormone, which will be helpful to remove unwanted hair permanently.
- Always take steam before starting any procedure of hair removal as it helps in opening the pores which helps to remove unwanted hair
- Exercise daily and eat healthy food to balance the hormone levels in your body, which can avoid the problem of unnecessary hair growth.
- Stay hydrated and drink more fruits and vegetable juices apart from water to moisturize your skin, which will help in removing the unwanted hair.
- While trying for all these remedies, you need to be patient, as it takes at least a month’s time to show effective results after following it weekly.
- Avoid stress, and sleep peacefully as anxiety and disturbed sleep lead to hormonal imbalances in your body, which can produce extra hair growth in your body.
- After completing the procedure, always wash the area properly in order to remove the hair, which falls on the body.
Note: If you have any abnormal or extreme hair growth on your face or body accompanied by muscular features like augmented muscle mass, deep voice, reduced breast size, etc., then consult your doctor immediately for proper diagnosis and further treatment.
Natural home remedies can definitely take longer duration than other hair removal treatments that give quick results. But it is certain that you will get great results by using these home remedies and that too without any side effects.
At the same time, these home remedies will not harm your sensitive skin, unlike other hair removal products, which are laden with chemicals. These natural remedies are also simple and easy to prepare and follow.
Now I am sure that you got many answers to your question – how to get rid of unwanted hair. So use the effective home remedies to remove the unwanted hair and get that silky smooth skin.
Do share your valuable feedback or experiences after applying these remedies to get rid of unwanted hair.