Each woman desires to get silky, smooth and shiny hair. Some women enjoy the privilege of having it as a part of their genes while others make a lot of efforts to get smooth silky hair naturally.
One question always creeps into our mind when we think of beautiful hair and that is – how to get smooth, silky hair naturally? Sometimes, it is easy to get this type of hair by undergoing certain hair care treatments, such as hair spa, protein treatment etc, but maintaining it seems to be a herculean task. But do you know that by using certain home remedies you can possess that lustrous silky smooth hair naturally, which needs very less maintenance? Read on to know more.
What Causes Dull and Damaged Hair?
Well, it’s important to know the reason behind this so that you can put some efforts towards changing the texture of your hair.
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Overexposure to sun rays
- Using strong hair care products
- Frequent use of hair dyes and colors
- Frequent use of hair styling tools
- Frequent use of heat for various hair styles
- High chlorine content in the water
- Age, stress, and illness
Quick Remedies to Get Smooth Silky Hair Naturally
To bring back the moisture and natural oil to your hair, you need to follow some natural remedies, which will help in making your hair healthy, smooth and shiny without causing any damage to it.
Wanna healthy hair….go natural!
1. Banana Hair Mask
We all need quick fixes for frizzy hair. What we need is a hair mask to nourish our hair starting from the root to the tip. Here is a nourishing banana mask, which you can prepare at home to get silky, smooth and shiny hair naturally.
- Peel the skin of 2 bananas and keep them in a bowl.
- Now add 2-4 tbsp of curd, 1 tsp of honey and 1 tbsp of almond oil to it.
- You can use olive oil in place of almond oil.
- Mix and blend all the ingredients together to make a smooth paste.
- Comb your hair properly before putting the mask.
- Then apply the paste on your hair layer by layer.
- After applying it on your hair, twist your hair and make a bun.
- Tie your hair with a clip to avoid dripping.
- Wrap your hair with a shower cap and keep it for 25-30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with warm water and then air dries your hair.
- For best results, try this home remedy twice a week for 2-3 months.
- This will leave your hair lustrous and silky. It will also give a smooth and silky effect to your hair.
Banana is full of potassium, carbohydrates, vitamins and natural oils.
Curd is very effective in treating dandruff and preventing hair loss.
Honey helps in moisturizing your hair.
Almond or olive oil gives nourishment to the hair and helps in its growth.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is known as the best conditioner for hair due to its tremendous moisturizing property. It helps in treating dry hair. It relieves scalp dryness, reduces hair fall, dandruff, scalp irritation and the most important thing, it makes your hair soft and smooth.
This the simplest way to get smooth silky hair naturally.
Take 4 tbsp of fresh aloe vera pulp in a bowl.
- Or if you don’t have fresh aloe vera pulp, then buy aloe vera gel.
- Mix 1 ½ tbsp of coconut oil and 3 tbsp of yogurt or curd to it.
- Mix all the ingredients well to make a paste.
- Now, apply this on the damp hair with a brush, and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process weekly once for 2-3 months to make your hair shiny and smooth.
- Take few hibiscus flowers, and grind it to make a paste.
- Or you can use 3 tbsp of hibiscus powder.
- Mix it in ½ cup of aloe vera gel.
- Now, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and mix all the items to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on your hair and keep it for 30 minutes.
- Now, rinse your hair.
- Follow this remedy once or twice in a week to get shiny smooth hair.
Eggs are known as the best conditioner for hair. The egg is a great source of protein and lecithin, which provides natural oils to the hair by moisturizing it. Eggs also add shine to your hair. Now use eggs to nourish and strengthen your hair.
If you find the smell of eggs yucky, then you can use only the white part. If you do not bother about the smell, but more focused on your hair then use the whole egg.
Process: 1 Conditioning Mask
- Take 2 eggs in a bowl and mix it with 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp of honey.
- You can use coconut oil if you don’t have olive oil.
- Stir well to get a fine paste.
- Now, apply this to your damp hair and scalp.
- Wrap your hair tightly, and cover your hair by using a shower cap.
- Allow it to remain for 30 minutes and then rinse off with normal water by using a mild shampoo.
- Take 2 eggs and whisk nicely to get a frothy texture.
- Add 2 tbsp of almond oil and ½ cup of yogurt to the eggs.
- While applying this mixture, massage your scalp.
- Now, put a shower cap for about 25-30 minutes to avoid leaking.
- Then, wash your hair with a shampoo.
Repeating any of these remedies once in a week will help you to get smooth and shiny hair.
Note: Never wash your hair with hot water if applied egg as it will clot the egg and you will find it difficult to remove the egg from your hair.
Beer works as an effective hair tonic. It contains the proteins and Vitamin B that help in repairing the damaged and dull hair. Beer also nourishes the hair follicles and provides shiny smooth hair.
- Take some beer and fill it in a spray bottle.
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo. Now spray the beer on your hair.
- Or else you can directly apply some beer to your scalp and hair.
- Then massage your scalp in a circular motion.
- Let it stay for 5-7 minutes and then rinse off to remove the dry scalp.
- Apply this remedy weekly once or twice to get shiny smooth and silky.
5. White Wine Vinegar
Use white wine vinegar for dry hair, but if your hair is oily then use apple cider vinegar. Both work as amazing hair conditioners, which make your hair soft, silky and shiny.
White wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar is used in treating dandruff, frizzy hair, and itchy scalp. It also helps to eliminate the built-up residue, which is responsible for making your hair look dull and lifeless. This is an excellent way to get smooth silky hair naturally.
Process: Hair Spa
- Take ¼ cup of white wine vinegar and mix with a ¾ cup of water.
- Now add 1 tsp of honey if your hair is dry to moisturize it.
- Add 3 drops of rosemary essential oil (if available).
- Or can apply some other essential oil; however, rosemary is best for dandruff.
- Mix it properly, and use this wine mixture after shampooing your hair.
- Then pour down this solution slowly to your hair with one hand, while using other hand’s fingers to gently massage your scalp.
- Leave it for 5 minutes, and then wash off. You can apply your conditioner now.
- This is an ideal treatment for dandruff, hair growth, and shiny hair.
- Continue this remedy only once a week to get rid of dandruff effectively.
6. Fenugreek Seeds and Yogurt
Fenugreek seeds condition your hair by making it shiny and soft. Apart from that yogurt also prevents the dryness , and makes it thick and strong hair.
- Take 4 tbsp fenugreek seeds and soak overnight in water.
- In the following morning, throw the water and crush the seeds to make a thick paste.
- Add about 3 tbsp of yogurt to it and mix well.
- Now, put this paste on your hair and mainly on the scalp.
- Let it stay for 1 hour, and then wash your hair by using a mild shampoo.
- Pursue this remedy 2 times a week to make your hair soft and smooth.
Avocados consist of some nutrients that help in nourishing and moisturizing your hair deeply. This, in turn, makes your hair stronger, longer and smoother. It really works well to get rid of oily hair.
- Take a full-grown avocado and crush it with 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil to make a thick paste.
- Apply this thick paste on your drenched hair, covering from root to tip.
- Use a shower cap to enclose your hair for 30 minutes.
- And then, clean your hair with a regular shampoo.
- Take a ripe avocado and a ripe banana.
- Mash both the avocado and banana, and mix 1 ½ tbsp of almond oil to make a paste.
- Apply this paste by massaging your scalp to spread all over.
- Keep a shower cap to cover your hair, and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with warm water by applying a shampoo.
Follow any of these remedies weekly once or twice or depending on your hair condition.
8. Milk and Honey Hair Mask
Milk and honey hair mask is amazing because it moisturizes, sustains moisture, and makes your hair look shiny and silky. This is the best way to get smooth silky hair naturally.
- Take a cup of thick milk and add 1tbsp of honey.
- As honey doesn’t melt quickly, heat this mixture in a microwave for 20 seconds.
- Or else heat it on a low flame for 1 minute.
- Set this mixture on your hair and wear your shower cap.
- Or else can use a spray bottle for applying this mask to your hair.
- Wash off after 20 minutes with your favorite shampoo and conditioner.
- This mask is very simple and effective in providing nice shine to your hair. Apart from that it also moisturizes your hair.
Tips for Reducing Dry and Damaged Hair
Follow these simple tips that are mentioned below to get rid of dry and damaged hair:
- Apply olive oil, coconut oil or almond oil regularly to prevent the dryness of your hair.
- Do not shampoo your hair every day as it makes your hair dry.
- Use conditioner, which contains less alcohol or no alcohol. If your hair is very dry then prefer conditioners, which can be used overnight and you can sleep by wearing a shower cap. It will help to moisturize your hair properly.
- Have a balanced diet. Take lots of fruits and vegetables regularly to avoid dry hair. If you want to have healthy and shiny hair, then consume foods rich in oils and fats, such as salmon, eggs, avocados, etc.
- Avoid using hair straitening machine, dryers or any other hair styling tools as these use heat, which damages your hair and makes it dull.
- Trim your hair at regular intervals or at least once in two months to get rid of the split ends, and to avoid the problem of dry hair.
- Massage your hair regularly with hot oil as it will moisturize your hair. It will also repair the dry and damaged hair.
- Instead of using a conditioner, you can apply mayonnaise on your hair for 10 minutes, as it is an effective conditioner.
- Use gelatin pack on your hair as it is rich in protein, which treats dry and dull hair by restoring the lost proteins. In addition to that, it also moisturizes your hair naturally.
- Do not wash your hair with hot water as it removes the natural oils from your hair making it dry.
Why go to spas and parlors when you can get smooth silky hair naturally with these wonderful remedies. Give life to your lifeless and dull hair by following these natural hair treatments at your home.