All of us covet so much for those slim and beautiful legs. But everyone is not lucky enough to possess those slender legs. And the fact is that we all are not models. Aging, water retention in the body, sedentary lifestyle, etc., are main reasons behind those fatty legs.
Have you already given up wearing your favorite skin-tight jeans because of those fleshy legs? Do you feel embarrassed when it comes to wearing cute shorts or a pretty skirt? Do you really struggle to possess those slim legs? Are you thinking now, how to lose leg fat? If your answer is yes, then you are suffering from an embarrassing problem of leg fat.
But do not worry at all. You are not the only one and there are millions, who are struggling with this issue. So, it’s now time for you to gear up with all the enthusiasm to fight this leg fat issue. A simple home remedy coupled with exercises would help you in getting rid of this problem easily.
Causes of Leg Fat
There are many causes for which fats get accumulated in the legs. In women, the presence of cellulite is the main cause of leg fat. Cellulite is a condition which is present in most body parts and legs too get affected by this. In men, the excess deposition of subcutaneous fat and intramuscular fat causes leg fat.
But now, let us know the exact reason of cellulite deposition in our bodies.
Genetics: If most of your family members are suffering from this cellulite issue, then it is most probable that you will also get it. But still, you can win over it with proper diet and exercises.
Lifestyle Causes: The people who follow a sedentary lifestyle without any physical exercise are more prone to get cellulite. People who are mostly involved in sitting and standing postures for longer periods of time and people who smoke are also prone to this condition.
Poor Dietary Methods: If you are consuming more fat-inclusive and carbohydrate-rich foods, more salt, etc., then there is a greater possibility that you will get leg fat. Also, if there is less fiber content in your food, then it will also lead to fat deposition in your legs.
Dehydration: Not taking the required quantity of water can cause leg fat. Due to less amount of water in the body, it starts to store water in the cells leading to water retention in them. This gives an ugly appearance to the skin of legs, hips, thighs and buttocks.
Symptoms of Leg Fat:
One can easily recognize the presence of fat in the legs by observing the symptoms and they are:
- An appearance of cheesy texture on your legs
- Uneven, dimpled and lumpy skin
- Clothes, especially those of the lower body get tight
Home Remedy to Lose Leg Fat:
Avoiding of all the risks that are usually present in normal therapies and surgeries, the use of home remedies will give a befitting answer to your question – how to lose leg fat. So, here we have brought easy and workable home remedies that would help you in getting rid of cellulite and thus, in getting rid of all the excess fat from your legs.
Dry Brushing to Get Rid of Leg Fat
Dry brushing is one f the easiest and efficient methods to lose the fat from your legs and it helps you to get rid of thigh fat. Doing this extensively improvises blood circulation to your body parts and also to lymphatic drainage. Consider working on this easy home remedy to melt away your leg fat that has got clumped over due to cellulite.
Things You Need:
- A body brush made of natural fiber
Things You Should Do:
- Firstly, you need to make sure that both your skin and brush are absolutely dry.
- Now, gently start brushing the fatty areas of your legs with the dry brush.
- Make sure that you are brushing your leg from the left side to the right side to assure that the blood flow is regulated from the heart towards your affected parts.
- Continue doing this dry brushing for around 5 minutes.
- Eventually, take a perfect shower to rinse off the dead skin cells.
- Follow this home remedy once in a day before you take a shower. Continue this for a month and then make an observation of the improvement of your skin texture.
[Also Read:How To Lose Arm Fat Fast]
Best Exercises to Lose Leg Fat Considerably
The best means to lose leg fat is to exercise vigorously. There are numerous squats and pulls that would help you in reducing the leg fat to a large extent. You can easily lose 1000 calories per day by doing these exercises that are discussed below.
Squats to Burn Leg Fat
Exercising by doing squats to get slimmer legs is super easy. Squats are extensively useful to burn the fat from your legs. You can try various combos of squats, which yield diverse results. Follow the steps that are mentioned below to perform the squats:
- Keep your legs wide apart. Let the distance between them be about an arm’s length.
- Now, bring your butt down, by stretching your arms in the front.
- See that the critical force is being pushed upon your legs.
- Now get back to your original position.
- Repeat this for about 30 times.
- You can combine squats with simultaneous jumps. You can also make a choice of holding weights or dumbbells in your hands while performing squats. This would help you reduce more fat from your legs while performing squats.
Toe Lifts to Reduce Leg Fat
Practicing toe lifts is yet another important exercise to lose leg fat. Toe lifts specifically target the calf muscles of your legs and help in toning and making them slimmer and more slender. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Stand straight with your spine erect.
- Make sure that there is a shoulder length distance between your feet.
- Stand on your toes and try jumping but without losing contact with the ground.
- You can take the support of a nearby chair or table to regulate your balance.
- You can do these toe lifts as frequently as possible throughout the entire day. You can do this while you are standing at your workplace or anywhere else.
Doing Lunges to Lessen the Leg Fat
Lunges reduce fat from your legs, hips, thighs and at the same time give you a perfect shape. If done perfectly, these are capable of setting right your posture too. Follow these steps to perform lunges.
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder’s breadth apart. Straighten your gaze and thrust out your chest perfectly.
- Put forward your right foot first. Let there be a distance of 2-3 feet in between your legs.
- Now, lift your left foot in such a way that your toe is in contact with the floor but not your heel.
- Now, push your hips down and bend both of your knees in the downward direction.
- At this juncture, make sure that your knees are forming a 90-degree angle.
- Stay in the same position for about 5-10 seconds based on your individual capacity.
- Now, get back to your initial position.
- Repeat the same process this time with your left foot putting forward.
- Repeat doing these for approximately 10 times on each of the sides or you can do 2-3 sets of 10, as per your choice.
Warrior III Exercise to Lose Leg Fat
This is a posture from yoga that helps you to reduce your leg fat. It also helps in toning your core and torso. Let’s see how it is done. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Start by bringing both of your feet together.
- Now, lift up your left foot with pointed toes and stretch it backward.
- Simultaneously, bend your torso towards the front side.
- Your left leg, thigh, hips, and trunk should get into a straight alignment.
- Make sure that you are balancing on your right leg only.
- Hold on in this position for around 5-10 seconds
- Now, interchange the legs and continue doing it.
- Try doing 10 times upon each leg.
Calf Raises to Burn Leg Fat
This is another workout that would immensely help you out in reducing your leg fat. It is also easy to be practiced. You can greatly modify the intensity of this workout by performing it over a stair. However, you need to be extra careful and cautious while doing it on a stair. So, it is recommended that you initially do it on the floor, but with time and good practice you can do it on a stair. Follow these steps:
- Stand straight and firm on your heels.
- Rise on the heels of your feet and move down as much as possible.
- If you are standing on a stair while you are doing this, remember that you are fueling all of your energy into bringing out the best for your legs.
- Perform 2-3 sets of 10 reps each, for about 3-5 days in a week for mind-blowing results.
[Also Read:How to Lose Belly Fat]
Leg Roll Exercises to Cut Down Leg Fat
This is another effective exercise that can make you get rid of leg fat with less effort. This exercise can give you good results if you do it properly. So, here are the steps to be followed:
- Lie on your left side first.
- Place your right arm on the floor to gain support to balance yourself.
- Now, raise your right leg.
- Imagine that your right leg is in a barrel and you have to make use of your toes to push within all that is on your right side, into the barrel.
- This way, you would be making your leg go up and down and also in circular motions and loops.
- Do around 60 of such loops or circles.
- Repeat the same with another leg too.
- This way, you’d be burning down your leg fat.
Cardiovascular Exercises to Shrink Leg Fat
Doing these workouts at least for 150 minutes in an entire week will give you desired results. Do this exercise for 300 minutes per week to get more intense results. The most well-known cardiovascular exercises are jogging, walking, running, aerobics, elliptical training, swimming, cycling, yoga, etc. You can also try walking up a hill. Sprinting is another significant workout that would help you in losing away the fat of your legs. These would also help in the expansion of your lungs and would set your heart’s functionality right.
A Few Tips Regarding Your Diet to Lose Leg Fat
- The most effective measure you can take up to reduce the fat in your legs is by cutting down your food intake. By making sure that you are losing weight, you can automatically also assure that the fats stored in the various parts of your body are lost too. This applies to you if you’re an overweight person.
- The next thing that you should be considering while you are into the process of reducing your leg fat is to change the forms of your diet. Many times, the kind of food that you are taking determines the fat storage mechanism of your body. When you are including lots of greens and fruits into your diet, you are in a way strengthening and toning your muscles. Also, you need to start discarding the intake of junk and fast food, and carbohydrate-rich food.
- Drinking lots of water is yet another way to keep your legs toned. Taking in more water enables your body to prevent water retention in the cells. Your body will tend to lose all that water of the cells, after sensing water availability in the body.
- Drinking green tea is an additional way to make your workout stay. It is rich in antioxidants and has a negligible quantity of calories. It also keeps your body secure from radicals.
- You can have a glass of water or a cup of tea before you have a meal. This would play the trick in keeping you full. This would lead to the reduction of your cravings and you would end up eating less.
- As already mentioned previously, walking, which is a cardiovascular exercise, can make your heart and lungs feel good. You should try walking as frequently as possible. Try not to depend on cars and other modes of communication to reach your nearby destination. Instead, you can walk or much better, bicycle to your desired places.
[Also Read:How to Lose Body Fat]
Few Other Tips to Lose Leg Fat
- Opt for sports like biking, swimming, tennis, soccer etc., 2-3 times in a week. Those would be more beneficial since you get your entertainment coupled with toning your legs.
- Try going for horseback riding, which would be an effective tool to reduce your thighs and calves.
- Wearing high heels will do the trick of showing up your legs in much a slimmer way. Try to avoid anklets or ankle-strap shoes as they would focus the chubbiness of your legs.
- Wear dark-colored tights. Try doing this with a favorite top of your choice. Opaque colors do play the trick.
- Wear longer pants. When you try to couple this setup with high heels, you are doing the right thing to make your legs look slimmer and slender.
- Hydrate and moisturize your legs periodically.
- Try using a fake-tan onto your legs. This idea might not appeal you, but it majorly works. Use a darker foundation shade than your original skin complexion to tint your side legs. And use a lighter one to highlight your central thighs and lower legs. This would play the trick.
- Sleep well. Sleeping would calm down your appetite and would help your leg fat shrink. So have sufficient amount of quality sleep.
- Do never starve to lessen your leg fat. If you feel that doing so would save your time to lose the fat of your leg, you are into a very wrong notion. Starvation would cause water and fat retention in the body. So, make sure that you are not isolating your tummy for long.
- Healing and reducing leg fat take time. So stay consistent with your efforts. Remember the saying “Attachment with Efforts and Detachment with Results.” This would make you get your results.
So, the above exercises are capable of making you lose leg fat. If you can make sure that you are implementing the above-mentioned measures in an appropriate manner, you are going to lose your leg fat soon. Therefore, try them and let us know which particular exercise has worked best for you.